|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||05-23-2013 01:45 CEST|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Docs|
|Viewing Issue Simple Details [ Jump to Notes ]||[ View Advanced ] [ Issue History ] [ Print ]|
|ID||Category||Severity||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000366||[PDFedit] =Other (GUI)=||major||always||01-11-11 19:12||01-20-11 17:21|
|Summary||0000366: Page Metrics change causes loss of text & images|
Actually 0.4.5 version under Debian Squeeze using KDE. (See pdfedit.jpeg attached) (Please update your Bugtracker page to include newer versions)
Editing of test-orig.pdf modifying "Left upper corner, y position" from 0 to 5.5, then saving (test.pdf), results in loss of most of the page when viewed in Adobe Reader under Windows. Viewing in Okular under Linux shows correctly! (I am never surprised when a Linux app can autocratically corrects for problems in a file, and displays correctly!) ;^)
Attached are 3 files zipped, test-orig.pdf before editing, test.pdf after editing, and the about screen from the pdfedit I am using. The problem might be related to the zlib installation. (A test run from another application under Windows reported something about a problem with zlib. Yes, I know! I didn't write it down!) ;^)
My Debian is up to date as of today prior to the test.
I would be happy to provide any further information needed.
I reported this to the SourceForge site, but the problem was never posted! What gives??? They only post bugs THEY want to??? Sounds more like a Mickey$oft trick!
|Attached Files||rsi-test.tar.gz [^] (794,492 bytes) 01-11-11 19:12|
I have just checked the same thing with the current CVS snapshot and it seems to work correctly.
I am getting an Acrobrat reader error during test.pdf opening and this is probably the reason why just the top of the page is displayed.
I would bet that the problem is related to the bad string escaping in the content streams (check out http://pdfedit.petricek.net/bt/view.php?id=359). [^]
Acrobat is way more anal about correctness than xpdf code base which can handle things like that much better.
The main clue to backup this theory is that even though only page boundaries were change we are still seeing two changed objects ([4 0] - page object and [5 0] content stream for this page[*]). So we have wrongly marked the content stream as changed and so we have written it with some string incorrectly escaped, I guess.
This has been fixed in http://pdfedit.petricek.net/bt/view.php?id=328. [^]
So in short, you definitely need the patch from bt#359 but the one from bt#328 is really helpful as well as it reduces the amount of written objects when you save document.
Could you confirm that?
[*] page object describes basic properties of the page while a content stream describe what should be displayed on the page.
Please try to reproduce with the mentioned patches applied or with the current CVS.
The patch from bt#359 would be better as we could close this as a duplicate of the original issue.
|Will attempt the suggestion you specified ASAP Tied up for a couple of days. Will respond ASAP. Thanks for the response and recommendations.|
|01-11-11 19:12||rstanley||New Issue|
|01-11-11 19:12||rstanley||File Added: rsi-test.tar.gz|
|01-20-11 10:06||hockm0bm||Status||new => assigned|
|01-20-11 10:06||hockm0bm||Assigned To||=> hockm0bm|
|01-20-11 10:47||hockm0bm||Note Added: 0001109|
|01-20-11 10:48||hockm0bm||Note Added: 0001110|
|01-20-11 10:48||hockm0bm||Status||assigned => feedback|
|01-20-11 17:21||rstanley||Note Added: 0001111|